Thursday, March 28, 2013

Doritos Locos Cool Ranch Taco

The Doritos Locos Nacho Cheese taco, in my opinion, was very disappointing. It was not flavorful at all and it was an overpriced regular taco in a fancy box. However, the Cool Ranch taco was the exact opposite; the Doritos Cool Ranch flavor was packed tight into a relatively small shell with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese, making a solid combination of texture and flavor.
The shell was the same size as the Nacho Cheese taco but as an athlete I suppose I have a bias towards size; no portion at a fast food restaurant will ever be big enough. On the contrary, the amount of flavor was off the charts as my mouth was hit with a crunchy, ranch-y (is that even a word!?) blast of taco shell on the first bite. The taco did not cease fire, but kept shooting blasts of flavor at my taste buds with every bite. The meat and toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese) together made for a great snack, if you only get one, and can add a unique taste to any meal. I strongly recommend trying this out, even if you weren't a fan of the Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment